- Who should not use Black Silk Laser Hair Removal?
- General conditions
- Medical conditions/Skin conditions
- Before you use Black Silk Laser Hair Removal
- How to use Black Silk Laser Hair Removal
- Common skin reactions
- Rare side effects
- What can I expect?
- How does IPL work?
- Suitable body hair colors
- Cleaning Black Silk Laser Hair Removal
Who should not use Black Silk Laser Hair Removal?
Never use the device:
- If you have diabetes or other systemic or metabolic diseases.
- If you have congestive heart disease.
- If you have a disease related to photosensitivity, such as
polymorphic light eruption (PMLE), solar urticaria, porphyria etc.
- If you have a history of collagen disorder, including a history of
keloid scar formation or a history of poor wound healing.
- If you have epilepsy with flashlight sensitivity.
- If your skin is sensitive to light and easily develops a rash or an
- If you have a skin disease such as active skin cancer, you have a
history of skin cancer or any other localized cancer in the areas to
- If you have a history of vascular disorder, such as the presence of
varicose veins or vascular ectasia in the areas to be treated.
- If you have any bleeding disorder.
- If you have a history of immunosuppressive disease (including HIV
infection or AIDS).
- Never use the device if you have skin type VI (You rarely to never sunburn, very dark tanning). In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions, such as hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation, strong redness or burns.
- Never use the device if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as the device was not tested on pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Never use the device if you have any active implants such as a pacemaker, neurostimulator, insulin pump etc.
Never use the device if you take any of the medications listed below:
- If your skin is currently being treated with or has recently been
treated in the past week with Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Beta-
Hydroxy Acids (BHAs), topical isotretinoin and azelaic acid.
- If you have taken any form of isotretinoin Accutane or Roaccutane
in the last six months. This treatment can make skin more
susceptible to tears, wounds and irritations.
- If you are taking photosensitizing agents or medications, check the
package insert of your medicine and never use the device if it is stated that it can cause photo-allergic reactions, photo-toxic reactions or if you have to avoid sun when taking this medicine.
- If you take anticoagulation medications, including heavy use of aspirin, in a manner which does not allow for a minimum 1-week washout period prior to each treatment.
- If you have received radiation therapy or chemotherapy within the
past 3 months.
- If you are on painkillers which reduce the skin's sensitivity to heat.
- If you take immunosuppressive medications.
- If you have had surgery in the areas to be treated in the last 3
- If you have infections, eczema, burns, inflammation of hair follicles,
open lacerations, abrasions, herpes simplex (cold sores), wounds or lesions and haematomas in the areas to be treated.
- On irritated (red or cut), sunburned, recently tanned or fake- tanned skin.
- On the following areas without consulting your doctor first: moles, freckles, large veins, darker pigmented areas, scars and skin anomalies. This can result in a burn and a change in skin color, which makes it potentially harder to identify skin-related diseases.
- On following areas: warts, tattoos or permanent make-up.
Never use the device on the following areas:
- Around the eyes and on or near the eyebrows.
- Over or near anything artificial like silicone implants, subcutaneous
injection ports (for instance an insulin dispenser) or piercings.
Before you use Black Silk Laser Hair Removal
We suggest you apply a soothing gel, moisturizer or aloe vera gel before using the IPL machine.
Pretreating your skin
Before you use BlackSilk, you should pretreat your skin by removing hairs on the surface of your skin. This allows the light to be absorbed by the hair parts below the skin surface to ensure effective treatment. You can either shave, short-trim, epilate or wax. Do not use depilatory creams, as chemicals may cause skin reactions.
If you choose to wax, please wait 24 hours before using BlackSilk to let your skin rest. We recommend that you take a shower before the treatment to ensure that all possible residue of wax has been removed from your skin.
- Pretreat the areas you intend to treat with BlackSilk.
- Clean your skin and make sure it is hair-free, entirely dry and free from oily substances.
- When you use BlackSilk for the first time or after recent tanning, perform a skin test on each area to be treated. The skin test is necessary to check your skin's reaction to the treatment and to determine the correct light intensity setting for each body area.
How to use Black Laser Hair Removal
- Plug the wire into a socket. In order to switch BlackSilk on, it must be plugged into a socket at all times.
- Turn on the device by holding the power button at the back.
- Press and hold the button next to the screen for 3 seconds for auto mode.
- Press the button next to the screen to increase the energy level.
- Slide the device over the skin to the next area to be treated.
Note: if shaving causes skin irritation, We advise you not to use the device until skin irritation is resolved.
Do not try the device on difficult or sensitive areas (ankle and bony area).
The integrated safety system prevents unintentional flashing without skin contact.
Wash the area off with cold water and pat it dry with a towel. After use, you can safely apply lotions, creams, deodorant, moisturizer or cosmetics to the treated areas. If you experience skin irritation or skin redness after treatment, wait until it disappears before applying any product to your skin. If you experience skin irritation after applying a product to your skin, wash it off with water.
Common skin reactions
Your skin may show slight redness and/or may prickle, tingle or feel warm. This reaction is absolutely harmless and disappears quickly.
Dry skin and itching may occur due to shaving or a combination of shaving and light treatment. You can cool the area with an ice pack or a wet face cloth. If dryness persists, you can apply a non-scented moisturizer on the treated area
Rare side effects
- Burns, excessive redness (e.g. around hair follicles) and swelling: these reactions occur rarely. They are the result of using a light intensity that is too high for your skin tone. If these reactions do not disappear within 5 days, we advise you to consult a doctor. Wait with the next treatment until the skin has healed completely and make sure you use a lower light intensity.
- Skin discoloration: this occurs very rarely. Skin discoloration manifests itself as either a darker patch (hyperpigmentation) or a lighter patch (hypopigmentation) than the surrounding area. This is the result of using a light intensity that is too high for your skin tone. If the discoloration does not disappear within 2 weeks, we advise you to consult a doctor. Do not treat discolored areas until the discoloration has disappeared and your skin has regained its normal skin tone.
_ Skin infection is very rare but is a possible risk following a (micro)wound, a skin burn, skin irritation etc.
_ Epidermal heating (a sharply defined brownish area which often occurs with darker skin tones and is not accompanied with skin dryness): This reaction occurs very rarely. In case this reaction does not disappear within 1 week, we advise you to consult a doctor. Wait with the next treatment until the skin has healed completely and make sure you use a lower light intensity.
- Blistering (looks like small bubbles on the surface of the skin): this occurs very rarely. In case this reaction does not disappear within 1 month or when the skin gets infected, we advise you to consult a doctor. Wait with the next treatment until the skin has healed completely and make sure you use a lower light intensity.
- Scarring: often the secondary effect of a burn, which can take longer than a month to heal.
- Folliculitis (swelling around hair follicles combined with pustule formation): this reaction occurs very rarely and is the result of bacteria penetrating the damaged skin. In case this reaction occurs, we advise you to consult a doctor as folliculitis may need antibiotic ointment.
- Excessive pain: this can occur during or after treatment if you have used the device on skin that is not hair-free, if you use the device at a light intensity that is too high for your skin tone, if you flash the same area more than once and if you use the device on open wounds, inflammations, infections, tattoos, burns, etc.
What can I expect?
After initial treatment phase:
- After the first treatment, it can take 1 to 2 weeks for the hairs to fall out. In the first weeks following the initial treatments, you still see some hairs growing. These are likely to be hairs that were not in their growing phase during the first treatments.
- After 2-3 treatments, you should see a noticeable reduction in hair growth. However, to effectively treat all hairs, it is important to keep on treating according to the recommended treatment schedule.
After 4-5 treatments, you should see a significant reduction of hair growth in the areas that you treated with BlackSilk. A reduction of hair density should be visible as well.
During touch-up treatment phase:
- Keep on treating with frequent touch-ups (every 4-8 weeks) to maintain the result.
How IPL works
- With Intense Pulsed Light technology, gentle pulses of light are applied to the skin and absorbed by the hair root. The lighter the skin and the darker the hair, the better the pulses of light are absorbed.
- The pulses of light stimulate the hair follicle to go into a resting phase. As a consequence, the hair sheds naturally and hair regrowth is prevented.
- The cycle of hair growth consists of different phases. IPL technology is only effective when the hair is in its growing phase. Not all hairs are in the growing phase at the same time. This is why we recommend you to follow the initial treatment phase (4-5 treatments, every treatment 2 weeks apart) and then the follow-up treatment phase (touch-ups every 4-8 weeks) to make sure all hairs are effectively treated in the growing phase.
Tip: To assure long lasting hair removal, touch-ups every 4 weeks are recommended.
Note: Treatment with Black Silk Laser Hair Removal is not effective if you have light blond, grey, red or white hairs as light hairs do not absorb enough light.
Note: This list is not exhaustive. If you are not sure whether you can use the device, we advise you to consult your doctor.
- Keep the device and the adapter dry.
- If the device is broken, do not touch any inner part to avoid electric shock.
- Water and electricity are a dangerous combination. Do not use this appliance in wet surroundings (e.g. near a filled bath, a running shower or a filled swimming pool).
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the device by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the device.
- The device is not intended for children under the age of 15 years. Teenagers aged between 15 and 18 years can use the device with the consent and/or assistance of their parents or the persons who have parental authority over them. Adults of 18 years and older can use the device freely.
- Always check the device before you use it. Do not use the device or adapter if it is damaged.
- Do not use the device if the UV filter of the light exit window and/or attachment is broken.
- Do not modify or cut off any part of the adapter or the cord, as this causes a hazardous situation.
- Do not use any pencil or pen to mark the areas to be treated. This may cause burns on your skin.
- If you have a dark-colored skin, be careful with treating a darker area immediately after a lighter area. The skin tone sensor may not immediately block the treatment on the darker body area.
Cleaning Black Silk Laser Hair Removal
- After use, switch off the device, unplug it and let it cool down.
- Remove the attachment.
- Moisten a soft cloth with a few drops of water and use it to clean the following parts:
- the light exit window on the device
- the outside surface of the attachments
- the reflector inside the attachments
- the transparent filter glass in the bikini and the precision attachment
- the reddish filter glass inside the facial attachment
- the skin tone sensor window
- Let all parts air dry thoroughly.
- Store the device in a dust-free place at a temperature between -25° to
- +70°C and a humidity range between 15-90%.
If you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com and a member of staff will be able to assist you.